News : O&R Improves Call Center Effectiveness
Pearl River, NY, USA, Sept, 2018 -- From Orange and Rockland: O&R is seeing a substantial increase in customer calls to its Customer Service Call Center and, as a result, customers are waiting much longer than usual to speak to a customer service representative.
To reduce these longer waiting times, O&R is taking a number of steps to handle that increased volume of customer calls.
Effective today, O&R will extend its Customer Service Call Center hours of service from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Currently, the Call Center hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed Saturday and Sunday.
....NOTE - content continues below this message
We invite you and your colleagues to take a couple of days out of your busy schedule to join us and the elite in the industry to listen to the NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices - WORLD'S BEST IN 2018! - ALL AWARD WINNERS!.
>>>>> FIND OUT MORE: HERE
To further reduce customer waiting times on the phone, O&R also has:
- Deployed a new call-back feature allowing customers to avoid long phone waits by asking for a return call later the same day they call to resolve their issue;
- Hired new customer service representatives to answer customer calls;
- Retained a temporary call center service to provide additional support to answer customer calls;
- Streamlined the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone-answering system to make self-service options more readily accessible to customers so they can conduct business without speaking to a representative. Those options are available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a week and
- Directed customers through the IVR to O&R's website to a wide array of options for self-service solutions 24/7.
O&R Vice President-Customer Service Christina Ho said "Most of these call volume issues are driven by temporary circumstances and we don't expect them to persist.
She added, "We expect these changes we've introduced will help us better address customer needs and provide customers the service they expect and deserve."
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Speech Opportunities - What To Look For?
More Editorial From Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc.
Published: Thursday, September 13, 2018
Zendesk is inspiring the help desk 2.0 movement through a focus on enlightened customer support. As the first organization in the industry to leverage SaaS and the benefits of web-based communication ...
TTEC (NASDAQ: TTEC) is a global customer experience company that designs, builds and operates captivating omnichannel customer experiences on behalf of the world's most innovative brands. Founded in 1...
For over 30 years, CGS has enabled global enterprises, regional companies and government agencies to drive breakthrough performance through business applications, enterprise learning and outsourcing s...
|Marketing Call Center|
Marketing Call Center is certified in ISO 9001: 2008 and operates offshore in the field of telemarketing and customer relationship management.