JOIN US AND HEAR BEST PRACTICES
At the 2019 NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement events - Click here to book now
News : O&R Improves Call Center Effectiveness
Pearl River, NY, USA, Sept, 2018 -- From Orange and Rockland: O&R is seeing a substantial increase in customer calls to its Customer Service Call Center and, as a result, customers are waiting much longer than usual to speak to a customer service representative.
To reduce these longer waiting times, O&R is taking a number of steps to handle that increased volume of customer calls.
Effective today, O&R will extend its Customer Service Call Center hours of service from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Currently, the Call Center hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed Saturday and Sunday.
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
2019 '14th annual' Global Contact Center World Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your Center, Strategy, Technology Innovation, People and more into the ONLY TRULY GLOBAL awards program - regarded by many as being like the Olympics for the Contact Center World! Join the best from over 50 nations and compete for the most prestigious awards out there!
Content continues ….
To further reduce customer waiting times on the phone, O&R also has:
- Deployed a new call-back feature allowing customers to avoid long phone waits by asking for a return call later the same day they call to resolve their issue;
- Hired new customer service representatives to answer customer calls;
- Retained a temporary call center service to provide additional support to answer customer calls;
- Streamlined the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone-answering system to make self-service options more readily accessible to customers so they can conduct business without speaking to a representative. Those options are available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a week and
- Directed customers through the IVR to O&R's website to a wide array of options for self-service solutions 24/7.
O&R Vice President-Customer Service Christina Ho said "Most of these call volume issues are driven by temporary circumstances and we don't expect them to persist.
She added, "We expect these changes we've introduced will help us better address customer needs and provide customers the service they expect and deserve."
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Crazy But True!
More Editorial From Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc.
Published: Thursday, September 13, 2018
|EkoCCS Contact Center Services|
Founded in 2010, Eko Contact Center aims to be a fresh, dynamic and accurate business partner for its customers thanks to its contemporary operation, technical infrastructure, sector-specific software...
|Horizon Contact Centers|
Horizon is an on demand international Contact Center and (BPO) Company.
TTEC (NASDAQ: TTEC) is a global customer experience company that designs, builds and operates captivating omnichannel customer experiences on behalf of the world's most innovative brands. Founded in 1...