News : Thai Police Issue Advice on Recognising Call Centre Scams
March 26, 2014 -- Thai police have offered five tips to help people reduce the risk of falling victim to call centre scams.
Information posted on the Policespokesmen Facebook page says people should be very cautious when receiving phone calls from call centres.
Five points to watch out for:
1) The caller will often tell the receiver that he/she is an official from the Bank of Thailand or some other bank and that the receiver has an overdue credit card debt, or his/her card has been cancelled.
2) The caller will often claim that he/she is a central bank official and that a large sum of money has been transferred from abroad to the receiver's account. The caller will often tell the receiver that an inheritance has been transferred into his/her account and certain financial transactions will have to be made.
3) The caller will say that he/she is a government official and that the receiver has to transfer a sum of money for legal purposes.
4) The caller will tell the receiver that his/her child has been kidnapped and the receiver must immediately transfer an amount of money to the caller's account.
5) "Scam mail" numbers will usually have a +331 or +337 prefix. Crooked call centres use scam mail to obtain money through deception and/or fraud.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Be Flexible And Generous
About Thai Police:
The Royal Thai Police are the national police of Thailand.
Published: Thursday, March 27, 2014
Semafone provides secure voice transactions for contact centres and retailers taking Cardholder Not Present (CNP) payments. The solution allows a call - and the call recording - to continue as normal ...
Zendesk is inspiring the help desk 2.0 movement through a focus on enlightened customer support. As the first organization in the industry to leverage SaaS and the benefits of web-based communication ...
Cisco provides Unified Customer Contact solutions that extend customer care beyond simple phone transactions and the traditional contact centre to unique content-rich customer centric experiences. The...