News : US Contact Center Industry Has Record Job Creation Quarter
Chapel Hill, NC, USA, July 15, 2015 -- Between April 1, 2015 and June 30, 2015, jobs4america recorded 24,294 new US jobs announced by the contact center industry. After accounting for 3,794 lost jobs due to call center and closures, there remain 20,499 net new US contact center jobs created.
"The second quarter of 2015 has been a record setting month for US job growth in the contact center industry," stated Matt Zemon, Chairman of jobs4america and CEO of American Support. "Liberty Mutual, Comcast, Charter, Google, Conifer Health and Fred Loya Insurance lead the industry with their commitment to US jobs this quarter while back office providers including Qualfon, Alorica and Sitel continue to expand domestically. "
Jobs4america uses data compiled by Dallas-based Site Selection Group to record US job creation.
April 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015 Top 10 US Site Expansion/Openings:
1. Liberty Mutual (2,500 jobs in Plano, TX)
2. Qualfon (1,200 jobs in Harlingen, TX)
3. Comcast (1,100 jobs in Tuscon, AZ)
4. Alorica (1,000 jobs in El Paso, TX)
5. Charter Communications (1,000 jobs in St. Louis, MO)
6. Sitel (700 jobs in Lake City, FL)
7. Google (700 jobs in Farmington Hills, MI)
8. Comcast (675 jobs in Spokane, WA)
9. Conifer Health Solutions (660 jobs in Frisco, TX)
10. Fred Loya Insurance (600 jobs in El Paso, TX)
April 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015 Top 10 US Site Closures/Downsizing:
1. QVC (800 jobs in Port St. Lucie, FL)
2. Conduit Global (600 jobs in Memphis, TN)
3. Asurion (350 jobs in Great Falls, MT)
4. First Data (300 jobs in Corpus Christi, TX)
5. Capital One (299 jobs in Irving, TX)
6. Ally Financial (200 jobs in Wichita, KS)
7. Symantec (175 jobs in Springfield, OR)
8. Ocwen Financial (140 jobs in Houston, TX)
9. Everest College (131 jobs in Thornton, CO)
10. Startek (120 jobs in Grand Junction, CO)
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Workforce Management Solutions
More Editorial From jobs4america
Jobs4America is a coalition of forward-looking business leaders committed to creating jobs in America. With millions of Americans looking for work and new broadband enabled technologies transforming the way contact centers work, members of this new coalition are coming together to generate thousands of American contact center jobs. Jobs4America members are also helping to identify and encourage other companies, big and small, to join in this innovative campaign, with an overall goal to create a combined 100,000 US jobs over the next two years.
Published: Friday, July 17, 2015