Medallia, Inc., a global provider in customer and employee experience, announced the findings of its new report: The New Customer Expectations for the Contact Center: Understanding the Key Factors Shaping the Customer Service Experience. The report reveals 65% of consumers say that negative customer service interactions motivate them to consider switching to a competitor brand, a clear indication that organizations must double-down on personalized experiences, or risk losing customers to competition.
Often perceived as cost centers, contact centers are now being recognized by innovative organizations as foundational pieces to improving customer experiences, driving customer retention, and gaining an advantage over the competition, all of which are mission-critical, especially in today's uncertain times.
The survey looked at consumers’ customer service expectations across generations, how they feel about bots and automated support interactions, and what businesses can do to strengthen customer loyalty.
Key findings from the report include:
- Seventy-three percent of consumers say they would like to provide feedback about their experience after a customer service interaction, but are more likely to do so with positive experiences compared to negative experiences.
- Ninety-five percent of survey takers say it’s important that contact center agents help them find a solution that meets their needs and that they take the time to understand why they’re contacting customer service.
- The ability to communicate with a real person (not a bot), get instant responses, and have complaints resolved in real time are the top three factors customers care most about when choosing a customer support channel.
- Ninety-six percent of consumers say demonstrating empathy during a customer service interaction is important.
- When customer service issues arise, most consumers aren’t willing to spend more than 5 to 10 minutes looking for information online or waiting on hold.
- Fifty-eight percent of respondents say waiting up to five minutes on hold is reasonable. If given the chance to receive a call back instead of holding, 66% of consumers would prefer this option.
- Talking to a human representative is the first channel of choice for Baby Boomers, while using online or mobile chat is the preferred channel for Gen Z and Millennial consumers.
"Organizations that recognize the true potential of the contact center and invest in efforts to improve those experiences will be positioned to reduce operational costs, increase customer retention, and get ahead of the competition," said Rachel Lane, Contact Center Solutions Principal, Medallia. "In a time when consumers across generations expect empathy and understanding — or else they will look for that experience with another brand — it's critical for contact centers to provide personalized experiences for their customers."
In October 2022, the Medallia Institute and Medallia's consumer behavioral intelligence and benchmarking platform analyzed the results of a survey of 1,047 U.S consumers who indicated they had interacted with a company’s customer service team within the previous six months.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Medallia® is the Customer Experience Management (CEM) company that is trusted by hundreds of the world's leading brands, including Four Seasons, GE, Gold's Gym, Sephora, and Zurich Insurance. We enable companies to survey and capture customer feedback across Web, social, mobile, and contact center channels, understand it in real-time, and take action to improve the customer experience (CX).
Published: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
A flexible way to take secure, PCI DSS compliant payments from home or remote locations. It’s quick to deploy needs no changes to processes or systems.
CallGuard Remote prevents agents from seeing, hearing or recording card details so, the agent, their screen, and any call recordings are removed from the scope of PCI DSS.
This simple approach means the customer effectively types their own payment information into the agent’s payment screen, but with the card details being shielded from the agent’s view. It’s simple, and highly effective.
SPEED & PLUS
The SPEED solution solves for service level issues while cost optimizing the environment with automation.
Provides an enhanced way to speed up & optimize invoking temporary agent skills configuration changes into the contact center environment.
Speed allows you to schedule both future changes & temporary changes that auto-revert back to the original state when scheduled time expires.
*Automated / Scheduled Temporary Agent Skills Configuration Management
*Immediate Temporary or Reoccurring Schedule Skills Configuration Changes
*Easy to Use/Operations Administration Focused
*Descriptive Monitoring Activity Dashboard
*Detailed “End to End’ Audit Trail and Perfor...
VADS Business Continuity Plan
VADS provides a business continuity plan by providing full outsource services and manage services. we've provided this to several clients. You can contact us for a detailed study case.
|4.)||Teckinfo Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
Adapting to the new normal contact center industry has to be ready for work from anywhere agents to maintain business continuity. Even when working from remote locations, the work from home agents or remote agents need to be monitored for smooth customer service operations or effective tele sales.
InterDialog UCCS with its work from home agent ready call center software helps you to have complete control over your contact center operations. Agents can log in from any where , home, office or any other place where they are through their mobile phone or desktop , or even through our ID mobile app . With centralized recording & reporting , you gain visibility of all contact center metrics , and you can manage your center the same way as you were doing when working from office.
I am checking out all the amazing and daily updated content on ContactCenterWorld.com and networking with professionals worldwide
Send To Friends Post On My Wall