Industry Research : 80% of Retail Customers First Try to Resolve Their Issue Online Before Contacting Customer Service
Contact centers play a critical role in a retailer's success. Professional agents who are well integrated with the company have a significant impact on sales, customer satisfaction, and loyalty. At the same time, advances in digital technology and artificial intelligence are broadening the role of contact centers in providing customer service across the customer service journey.
Radial and CFI Group surveyed 500 online shoppers to understand their experiences throughout the customer service journey. The resulting feedback underscores the need for retailers to manage digital properties, automated interactions, and live agents in concert to deliver an excellent experience regardless of the path taken by individual customers.
....NOTE - content continues below this message
We invite you and your colleagues to take a couple of days out of your busy schedule to join us and the elite in the industry to listen to the NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices - WORLD'S BEST IN 2018! - ALL AWARD WINNERS!.
>>>>> FIND OUT MORE: HERE
Insights from the report about retail customers include:
Digital Properties Form A Key Step In The Journey
Digital properties for a retailer can include websites, mobile apps, or other online tools and resources.
- 80% try to resolve their issue somewhere online before contacting customer service
- 60% try visiting the retail company website before contacting customer service
- 34% visit the retailer site with a mobile device
- 21% say the company website is "not at all helpful"
- Those who find the website helpful have a satisfaction score of 86 (on a 0-100 scale), compared to 40 for those who see the site as not at all helpful.
Automated Interactions Improve With Visual IVR
Automated interactions involve chatbots or IVR tools that provide enhanced self-serve tools to customers.
- 32% who reach an IVR system try to use it, but say it was insufficient for their needs and that they needed to talk to an agent
- 18% are familiar with Visual IVR
- 55% say they are likely to use Visual IVR if given the option
- Visual IVR is a viable solution for creating an excellent contact center experience.
LIive Agents Must Be Integrated With The Company
Retail contact centers that integrate agents with the rest of the company can expect dividends through greater CLV (customer lifetime value).
- 38% say the agent was well-integrated with the company
- 38% say the agent had a lot of experience
- 49% say the agent was well trained
- 55% say the agent had the tools needed to help
- Customers who experience a professional agent who is well-integrated with the company have higher customer satisfaction (+19%) than the average customer.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Buying PBX/ACD
More Editorial From CFI Group
About CFI Group:
CFI Group is a customer satisfaction measurement technology and analytics firm. CFI Group provides a Customer Feedback Management (CFM) technology platform that leverages the science of the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). This platform continuously measures the customer experience across multiple channels, benchmarks performance, and prioritizes improvements for maximum impact. Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, CFI Group serves global clients from a network of offices worldwide.
Radial is the leader in omnichannel commerce technology and operations, enabling brands and retailers to profitably exceed retail customer expectations. Radial's technical, powerful omnichannel solutions connect supply and demand through efficient fulfillment and transportation options, intelligent fraud, payments, and tax systems and personalized customer care services. Hundreds of retailers and brands confidently partner with Radial to simplify their post-click commerce and improve their customer experiences.
Published: Friday, May 11, 2018
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Zendesk is inspiring the help desk 2.0 movement through a focus on enlightened customer support. As the first organization in the industry to leverage SaaS and the benefits of web-based communication ...
Convergys delivers consistent, quality customer experiences in 58 languages and from more than 150 locations around the globe. We partner with our clients to improve customer loyalty, reduce costs, an...
|Genex Infosys Limited|
Genex, part of the IPE Group UK, is an outsourcing provider of customer experience management and trusted by world’s leading brands. We achieve results through transforming our clients' businesses and...