Verizon Business released findings from its Human Connection Survey, conducted by Longitude. With responses from more than 5,600 consumers globally, the data shows that while the option to interact with a human is still essential, blended interactions—offering both AI and human support—are as or more satisfying to consumers than human-only interactions when it comes to customer service.
"In today’s hyper-connected world, where consumers are willing to switch brands after one bad experience, providing good customer service is crucial for driving business continuity and growth," said Aamir Hussain, Senior Vice President of Business Products, Verizon Business. "At Verizon, we’re focused on delivering solutions that provide the right balance between machine and human intelligence to create better experiences for our customers that will give them the competitive edge they need for their business operations."
Technology Transparency and The Human Connection
While 56 percent of consumers say they are now comfortable with a fully automated interaction in which the company demonstrates a good understanding of their preferences, attitudes or other personal interactions, a connection with a human is particularly desirable in customer service situations. Most survey respondents (62%) would prefer a direct interaction with a human—voice, real-time chat or in-person—to a fully or partly automated interaction (37%) in order to resolve a customer service issue.
Furthermore, the survey data highlights the roles played by humans and machines in their online interactions with brands need to be clearly defined. Nearly two-thirds of respondents (65%) want companies to be honest about using AI-powered bots to guide interactions. Such transparency appears to be the norm, but 41 percent of respondents would reduce their involvement with a company if it were not forthcoming.
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
2022 '17th annual' Global Contact Center World Awards NOW OPEN
Enter your Center, Strategy, Technology Innovation, Teams and Individuals into the ONLY TRULY GLOBAL awards program - regarded by many as being like the Olympics for the Contact Center World! Join the best from over 80 nations and compete for the most prestigious awards out there!
Content continues ….
Additional survey findings:
- 78 percent of respondents agree blended interactions (offering both AI and human support) are as or more satisfying than human-only interactions when it comes to customer services.
- 48 percent of those between the ages of 18 and 34 (and 41% overall) say it is entirely possible to have a "human connection" in a fully automated interaction.
- Nearly half (47%) of respondents say that interacting with machines online is a more positive experience for them than it was two years ago.
- There is a fine line between knowing your customer and knowing too much. While only 13% of respondents say that a company obtaining information about them from a third party is a factor in a negative interaction, 34% of customers (and 52% of those aged between 55 and 65) have ceased interacting with a brand completely if the company has obtained information about them from a third-party.
- Half of US consumers in the survey say they do not usually need a human agent to help them get customer support—considerably more than in Europe (43%) or Asia-Pacific (38%).
- More respondents in the US (47%) than in the other regions also say it is possible to have what they define as a human connection in a fully automated interaction.
- When asked about the brands they feel most positive about, 52% of US consumers say the interactions they have with those brands tend to be mostly or fully automated. For Asia-Pacific consumers it is 45%, and among European ones it is 42%.
As the tools that AI and machine learning power become better at understanding nuance and sentiment, automated interactions will take on more human-like characteristics, which will allow organizations to reduce the need for human intervention. If brands don’t try to pretend these are real human-to-human experiences, they will profit from the improved customer experiences they create. For the full survey findings, read the whitepaper, "The Human Connection: Technology for Better Customer Experience."
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Meeting challenges of your extended enterprise: For enterprises and government agencies around the world, like yours, we are a provider of global IT, security, and communication solutions, with one of the world’s most connected IP networks. We combine our broad range of strategic solutions, services, and expertise to help some of the world's largest organizations - including 96% of the Fortune 1000 - and governments - meet the challenges of their increasingly extended enterprises.
Published: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Automated Language Testing
Emmersion offers automated assessments to quickly and accurately test speaking, writing, and grammar fluency in 9 languages and counting. We help contact centers improve CSAT scores by screening for top talent and retaining top performers.
HireTrax, MainTrax's standalone pre-hire virtual interviewing solution, automatically analyzes the behavioral characteristics found in each candidate's VOICE to help you select reps better suited for the specific job at hand. After all, agents speak with your customers for hours each day so it's vital they possess the behavioral characteristics and personality traits necessary to be successful. By picking those with tendencies of empathy and positive behavioral traits, you'll have a higher caliber of candidates who will perform better on the job and stay.
|3.)||Orion Learning Services Inc.|
Assessments for Recruitment, Talent Management, Succession Planning
Looking for assessment tools to help you recruit faster, better and more accurately?
Orion Learning offers a full suite of assessment tools designed to target and report on candidate potential. Our tools are used for recruitment, talent management, succession planning and coaching/mentoring. All of the tools are delivered online and the reports are available online and will provide you with an amazing view of the candidate/individual's potential, interview questions, coaching/mentoring steps and much more.
If you're looking to find the candidate/individual with the highest potential, call Orion today!
VADS Recruitment Services
VADS Indonesia provides a recruitment process with strict selection with various requirements according to client needs. VADS Indonesia also has a database of trained candidates so that it can meet the agent needs quickly and in large numbers.
Contact Centre Behavioural Assessments
SalesMatch is an intelligent web based sales and contact centre behavioural assessment platform. It is based on the well known, tried and tested DISC psychometric theory, used by thousands of organisations round the world.
- Reduces Agent Attrition - By selecting the right agent for the role
- Increases Performance - By matching the character profile to the task
- Reduces Time Off - A well matched profile to the role reduced work
- Reduces Recruitment Costs - By early identification of the right candidates
Putting the right person in the job role has become the key focus in the drive...
|6.)||TactiCall Recruitment Services|
TactiCall Recruitment Services
Temporary / Labour Hire / Contingent and Contract Hire
Recruitment Consulting Services
Assessment Centre Design and Facilitation