Industry Research : Findings of Middle East Customer Service Experience Survey
Interactive Intelligence Group Inc., a global provider of unified IP business communications software and services, has released findings of its Middle East customer service experience survey. Following a global survey done during the early part of this year, the regional survey of 121 contact centre professionals was conducted during June and July 2013.
Several key findings of the survey included the following:
* Not surprisingly, the large majority of respondents (78.5 percent) rated customer experience to be extremely important while 18.2 percent stated it to be important.
* First call resolution, professionalism and a timely response are perceived to be the most valued parameters in customer interactions in that particular order. This is in line with the global survey results which reveal that a knowledgeable representative and a timely response are the most valuable components of a great service experience.
* Over three fourths (76 percent) of the survey respondents already have a customer service strategy in place, though surprisingly there were still 24 percent that either did not have a strategy or were not aware of such strategies.
* Organizations perceive the contact centre to be vital to providing excellent customer service. 66.1 percent stated it to be very important and 24 percent agreed that the contact centre was somewhat important in this regard.
* Not surprisingly then, the contact centre remains at the heart of most organizations' strategies and defines the customer experience for 51.2 percent of respondents. Sales and Marketing departments also exert influence and 33.1 percent of participants stated that IT too is increasingly playing a role.
....NOTE - content continues below this message
SPONSOR MESSAGE: INVITATION!
We invite you and your colleagues to take a couple of days out of your busy schedule to join us and the elite in the industry to listen to the NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices.
* Companies tend to use a combination of metrics to measure the success of their customer service campaigns. Of these, the most popular methods are Customer Feedback Forms (57.9 percent) and Customer Satisfaction Score or CSAT (43 percent), while Voice of the Customer (VoC) programs and Customer Effort Scores (CES) are employed to a lesser degree (each less than 15 percent).
* Organizations also use a combination of technologies to support customer service. These include Customer Relationship Management (70.2 percent), customer feedback tools (52.9 percent), call and voice recording (35.5 percent), social media analytics/monitoring (34.7 percent) and computer telephony integration or CTI (33.9 percent).
* While email and telephone remain the primary as well as the most time consuming channels for customer service, social media engagement is now supported by more than one third of businesses and almost a quarter have now begun to offer customer support though mobile applications. This indicates the progress of the region compared to that of the globe wherein social media and mobile app support account for only 8 percent and 7 percent, respectively, of the time organizations dedicate to customer service.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Check Your Number
More Editorial From Genesys
Published: Monday, September 2, 2013
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
|Genex Infosys Limited|
Genex Infosys is managed by a group of young and dynamic people having extensive knowledge and global exposure in the field of BPO and IT services. Genex is the largest BPO Company in Bangladesh is an...
NICE (NASDAQ: NICE), is a worldwide provider of intent-based solutions that capture and analyze interactions and transactions, realize intent, and extract and leverage insights to deliver impact in re...
Teleopti is a global provider of workforce management (WFM) software, offering a WFM solution that is sophisticated, localised and easy to use. Teleopti focuses on helping contact centers, back office...