Global technology company Zoho, published the results of a North American study examining the dimensions affecting company performance. The study was conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic, when employees around the world had transitioned to remote work. Analysis of the overall results, which are some of the first to emerge from the pandemic, found that while companies excelled in the areas of traditional management, technology systems were rated by employees as outdated and inefficient for company performance.
The April 2020 study by Beagle Research Group surveyed more than 500 employees at businesses of varying sizes and industries throughout North America. Participants gave their companies high marks in areas of goal setting, alignment, and inspiring performance — meaning that even with the disruption of office closures, workers feel supported by and aligned with their employer while working remotely.
Strong Employee Engagement and Alignment
- 66 percent of those surveyed find high satisfaction in the work they do.
- Only 4 percent report that their job is chaotic and difficult to do well.
- 69 percent of employees surveyed agreed that their job provides them with meaningful work they take pride in.
- 68 percent of front-office employees and 75 percent of back-office employees said they felt a sense of purpose in their work.
In the category of technology infrastructure, however, employees reported that their current company systems need a unified overhaul.
Inadequate Technology Systems
- 51 percent of employees categorized these systems inadequate in keeping them aligned with company goals while working remote.
- 52 percent of those surveyed found their computing systems not conducive to their work, with that number growing to 56 percent at the small and medium enterprise level (businesses under 500 employees).
- 54 percent of enterprise-level employees (businesses with more than 500 employees) found the applications they work with not intuitive and difficult to integrate.
- 40 percent of the largest enterprise employees surveyed (businesses with more than 4,000 employees) said their work can be chaotic, working with multiple technology platforms to do their job accordingly.
- 37 percent of enterprise employees found their technology infrastructure not supportive to good communication throughout the organization as they work remote.
- Only 10 percent of those surveyed said they could confidently get a complete view of the relationship between their company and customer without having to check several systems. This result is especially important for companies to recognize as the customer and client relationship is particularly fragile during the pandemic and context for communication is critical.
- For both front office and back office employees, 50 percent found their company's technology inadequate to support their job role while remote.
"Going to the office, as a concept, started during the Industrial Revolution, when workers needed to travel to factories to use heavy equipment," said Raju Vegesna, Chief Evangelist at Zoho. "With the cloud, with online tools accessible from anywhere, including your home, we are back to a pre-Industrial Revolution era. This means that the right tools have to be made available for employees to be productive. Unfortunately, as the survey finds out, this is not currently the case. This has to change for employees to be successful."
"The inevitable conclusion from this data is that if companies want to improve their performance, they should look first at the technology systems that support their primary business activities," said Denis Pombriant, Managing Principal at Beagle Research Group and author of the report. "The data show that companies, especially at the enterprise level, are realizing the importance of integrated solutions to streamline business processes to enable working in a variety of new theaters."
Conducted in April 2020 by Beagle Research Group LLC , this study surveyed 509 individuals across the United States and Canada. Participants of the study ranged from non-executive and non-managerial employees at small and enterprise businesses in a variety of industries.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
About Zoho Corporation:
Zoho Corporation founded in 1996, is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The company was founded and headed by Sridhar Vembu. who earlier worked in Qualcomm USA.
Published: Monday, July 27, 2020
Telephone Answering Services
Answer4u offers both SME and corporate sized businesses Telephone Answering Services delivered by our team of professional receptionists. They are all trained to answer your calls, in your company name, whenever you need them most.
All of our client calls are answered in our Nottingham offices, in the heart of England. We have agents working on a 24/7 basis, meaning all calls are answered through the day and night by UK based operatives. No calls are ever outsourced or go to an answering machine.
Each of our clients has their own personal Account Manager, who heads a team of trained receptionists. Our receptionists answer the phone in your company name, explain to your callers that yo...
Contact Centre Services
We’re a specialist Contact Centre business and market leaders helping socially focused organisations deliver quality support to their clients and service users. We do this by providing 24/7 helplines, software solutions and consultancy services.
Since launching in 2006, we’ve operated at the sharp end of customer service, supporting some of society’s most vulnerable people. We’ve pioneered in our space to become a specialist in helplines, whilst using the most advanced communication and database technologies available.
Our social mission has remained a constant throughout, providing many meaningful career prospects and growth opportunities to people within our local communities and fur...
|Digital Wholesale Solutions
International Inbound (ITFS & DID's) & Int'l Two Way Voice (SIP Trunks)
Digital Wholesale Solutions (formerly Daisy Worldwide) specialise in Global Inbound ITFS and DID Services from 160 countries (covering 7,000+ cities).
We also have International SIP Trunk (66 Countries) – where numbers are presented in a local format.
VADS Inbound Contact Center
VADS Inbound Contact Center Services provide live operators who answer incoming calls as you would yourself. A team of professional script writers is available to help you script a greeting and experience programmers will set up a time and money saving program. Our unique approach to call center services is client-focused, and takes each project’s unique needs into account to our client’s satisfaction. We offer solution as part of our service to keep you in touch with your client and drive sales.
- Customer Service
- Walk In Center
- Service Desk
|Technosys IT Management
Technosys IT Management Bpo, the business process Outsourcing, gives end-to-end transformative administrations for its customers over the globe. The organization's coordinated IT and BPO arrangements approach empowers it to open business esteem crosswise over ventures and administration lines, and address business challenges for its customers. Using inventive business perfection structures, progressing profitability changes, process reengineering, mechanization, and front line innovation stages, Technosys IT Management empowers its customers to accomplish their cost diminishment goals, enhance process efficiencies, upgrade viability, and convey unrivaled client encounter
WorkGenda is a state of the art WFO cloud service, used by customers around the world. WorkGenda provides: a) an AI based forecasting engine, which automatically generates forecasts with a WAPE of 3 to 5%, b) a capacity management engine based on a traffic simulator, with perfect support for blending regardless the type of channels, which subsequently automatically converts the computed capacity into optimised shifts, where ‘optimised’ equals to a zero or the mathematically minimum possible overstaffing under the given contractual constrains, c) an automated scheduling engine, capable of scheduling 3000 multi-skilled agents for a whole week in 2 minutes and d) an Intraday bot which automatic...