Global technology company Zoho, published the results of a North American study examining the dimensions affecting company performance. The study was conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic, when employees around the world had transitioned to remote work. Analysis of the overall results, which are some of the first to emerge from the pandemic, found that while companies excelled in the areas of traditional management, technology systems were rated by employees as outdated and inefficient for company performance.
The April 2020 study by Beagle Research Group surveyed more than 500 employees at businesses of varying sizes and industries throughout North America. Participants gave their companies high marks in areas of goal setting, alignment, and inspiring performance — meaning that even with the disruption of office closures, workers feel supported by and aligned with their employer while working remotely.
Strong Employee Engagement and Alignment
- 66 percent of those surveyed find high satisfaction in the work they do.
- Only 4 percent report that their job is chaotic and difficult to do well.
- 69 percent of employees surveyed agreed that their job provides them with meaningful work they take pride in.
- 68 percent of front-office employees and 75 percent of back-office employees said they felt a sense of purpose in their work.
In the category of technology infrastructure, however, employees reported that their current company systems need a unified overhaul.
Inadequate Technology Systems
- 51 percent of employees categorized these systems inadequate in keeping them aligned with company goals while working remote.
- 52 percent of those surveyed found their computing systems not conducive to their work, with that number growing to 56 percent at the small and medium enterprise level (businesses under 500 employees).
- 54 percent of enterprise-level employees (businesses with more than 500 employees) found the applications they work with not intuitive and difficult to integrate.
- 40 percent of the largest enterprise employees surveyed (businesses with more than 4,000 employees) said their work can be chaotic, working with multiple technology platforms to do their job accordingly.
- 37 percent of enterprise employees found their technology infrastructure not supportive to good communication throughout the organization as they work remote.
- Only 10 percent of those surveyed said they could confidently get a complete view of the relationship between their company and customer without having to check several systems. This result is especially important for companies to recognize as the customer and client relationship is particularly fragile during the pandemic and context for communication is critical.
- For both front office and back office employees, 50 percent found their company's technology inadequate to support their job role while remote.
"Going to the office, as a concept, started during the Industrial Revolution, when workers needed to travel to factories to use heavy equipment," said Raju Vegesna, Chief Evangelist at Zoho. "With the cloud, with online tools accessible from anywhere, including your home, we are back to a pre-Industrial Revolution era. This means that the right tools have to be made available for employees to be productive. Unfortunately, as the survey finds out, this is not currently the case. This has to change for employees to be successful."
"The inevitable conclusion from this data is that if companies want to improve their performance, they should look first at the technology systems that support their primary business activities," said Denis Pombriant, Managing Principal at Beagle Research Group and author of the report. "The data show that companies, especially at the enterprise level, are realizing the importance of integrated solutions to streamline business processes to enable working in a variety of new theaters."
Conducted in April 2020 by Beagle Research Group LLC , this study surveyed 509 individuals across the United States and Canada. Participants of the study ranged from non-executive and non-managerial employees at small and enterprise businesses in a variety of industries.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
About Zoho Corporation:
Zoho Corporation founded in 1996, is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The company was founded and headed by Sridhar Vembu. who earlier worked in Qualcomm USA.
Published: Monday, July 27, 2020
|1.)||Cloud IT Services GmbH|
Dialfire offers you a complete call center solution that is simple and intuitive to use and adapts to your needs. It's completely cloud-based, saving you the hassle of setting up a phone system and installing software. In addition to predictive dialing and call blending of inbound calls, you can create personalized campaigns through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Features include automated workflows and full control over the agent screen.
You can see the full list of features here:
Cloudonix provides businesses with software development tools (APIs/SDKs) enabling contextual communications, using existing communications tools and workflows.
Connect your website or mobile APP directly to your call or contact center, keeping the context of who the caller is, why they are calling, and how they got to you as part of the call.
Stay in contact quickly and easily with your international offices through Megacall.
Megacall will fulfill all your telecommunication requirements and on top of that go the extra mile and surprise you with new possibilities for your business, speed to action your requests and keeping within your budget.
📞 Virtual Switchboard
🔌 SIP trunk
🔢 Virtual number
📠 Call Center Solutions
PH: +34 952 667 511
Our SNAPsolution – UC and Collaboration tools – can be quickly deployed so you can realize your ROI just as quick. netsapiens offers a comprehensive suite of unified communications (UC) & Contact Center (CC) feature-sets to service providers. Custom-built to provide our partners with unprecedented levels of flexibility, customization, and ease of use.
netsapiens allows you to control your margins in order to improve your ROI. As a provider of a facilities-based solution, you are able to personally choose your origination, termination, hardware costs, etc. to fit your budget. We also allow you to strategically price your product for a maximum return on your investment by charging on a conc...