Industry Research : Results of Everest Group Contact Center Outsourcing Annual Report
The Contact Center Outsourcing (CCO) market grew at 5 percent in 2014 to reach US$70-75 billion, which still represents only 20 to 25 percent of the total global contact center spend of US$300 to $350 billion.
Service provider consolidation is noticeably taking shape. Over a two year period from 2012-2014 the number of CCO contract terminations increased from 69 a year to 120 a year, for the first time outpacing the number of renewals. However, renewals and new contract signings continued at an active pace, growing by 16 percent and 8 percent respectively. As further evidence of this trend, the inclusion of value-added services jumped from 64 percent to 75 percent of renewing engagements. This indicates that buyers are not abandoning CCO but rather switching providers and/or consolidating spend with fewer providers.
These results and other findings are explored in a recently published Everest Group report: Contact Center Outsourcing Annual Report 2015: Incumbents Beware—There’s No Place for Complacency.
"Buyers are looking beyond service performance, expecting service providers to successfully address multiple aspects of their changing business needs and thus leaving no room for complacency amongst incumbents," said Katrina Menzigian, vice president of research relations at Everest Group. "Providers are reacting to this changing landscape of buyer requirements by adapting their offerings, particularly in the areas of onshore delivery, multi-channel solutions, value-added services, technology, service delivery metrics and pricing models."
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
Other key findings:
- CCO growth in markets such as the United States and United Kingdom flattened out, and new demand is being driven by Continental Europe, Middle East & Africa (CEMEA) and Asia Pacific.
- While telecom and banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) are the leading adopters of CCO, industries such as healthcare, retail, and travel and hospitality are exhibiting high growth.
- Depth and breadth of inclusion of value-added services have continued to increase, with renewals witnessing higher inclusion.
- Share of non-voice channel continues to increase, driven by increased adoption of multi-channel solutions, especially chat and social media.
- North America and CEMEA witnessed the highest adoption of multi-channel contracts across all geographies.
- CCO specialists dominate the market but have recorded moderate growth. Business process outsourcing (BPO) pure-plays have witnessed higher growth based on their focus on innovation, analytics and multi-channel services.
The full report analyzes the global CCO market, focusing on:
- Market size and buyer adoption
- Value proposition and solution characteristics
- CCO service provider landscape, comprising 20 CCO service providers: Aegis, Alorica, CGI, Concentrix, Dell, Firstsource, Genpact, HCL, HGS, HP, Infosys, Minacs, Serco, Sitel, Sutherland, Sykes, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Teleperformance, Transcom Worldwide, Wipro, Webhelp Group, and WNS
Today's Tip of the Day - Tracking Feedback
More Editorial From Everest Group
Published: Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Tech Mahindra is a leading provider of solutions and services to the telecommunications industry with a majority stake owned by Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, in partnership with British Telecommunicati...
Talkdesk Enterprise Contact Center Platform empowers companies to make customer experience a competitive advantage. With enterprise-class performance and consumer-like ease of use, Talkdesk easily ada...
Telecontact - is an outsourcing contact center. Telecontact started it's operations in 1999 among first outsourcing call centers in Russia. Now the company operates a distributed contact center sys...
Atento is an employer in Brazil, recognized in the country and the world as one of the Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute. The company has operations in six major Brazilian urban cen...