Industry Research : Satmetrix Releases Benchmark Report
The reports rank more than 60 brands across nine UK sectors, including financial services, insurance, television, mobile and internet providers, identifying which companies consumers do business with.
Factors determining brands’ Net Promoter Score (NPS) include customer views on ease of use, access to support, company reputation, treating customers fairly and value for money, to name just a few. Over 11,000 UK customers were surveyed.
Highlights from the 2015 UK report:
Top 10 Net Promoter Scores across all sectors:
- First Direct +73
- Nationwide Building Society +43
- Freeview +38 / Tesco Mobile +38
- Plusnet +37
- LV +34 / Hargreaves Lansdown +34
- Santander credit cards +28 / Tesco Bank credit card +28
- Santander banking +27
NPS Leader First Direct’s Customer Services Director, Karen Walker says: "It is fantastic news to be ranked top for customer loyalty across all sectors, especially as the results are based on what our customers say about us. I believe the UK Net Promoter score truly reflects how consumers feel, which makes being ranked first out of 60 brands, 30 points clear of second position, all the sweeter."
- Royal Bank of Scotland had the lowest loyalty score of all the companies analysed at -19
- Consumer banking has the biggest gulf between best and worst performers; First Direct scored +73 versus Royal Bank of Scotland with -19
- Tesco is winning back customers’ loyalty with extra services; Tesco Mobile had the highest mobile industry NPS at +38 and the consumer credit card from Tesco Bank (+23) was beaten only by Santander (+28).
- EE and Vodafone are bottom for both mobile and internet services. EE scored -7 for mobile and -17 for internet, with Vodafone respectively scoring -1 and -18. Given the shifting market and the increased bundling of services in the mobile and media industry they face tough competition
- Credit cards: Providing a customer experience focussed on community and reward is paying off for MBNA (http://www.mbna.co.uk/) who’s NPS score of +4 was enough to place them amongst high-street competitors including Lloyds, Barclaycard and Virgin Money.
- Freeview is streets ahead of digital TV competition with a Net Promoter Score of +38, 25 points ahead of subscription services including Sky, Virgin Media, BT, and finally Talk Talk – which had the only negative score (-11) in the top five.
GO FOR GOLD AND REPRESENT YOUR NATION!
The 2018 13th annual Top Ranking Performers Global Awards are open until 31st Dec 2017
Awards for all levels of staff and a fantastic range of corporate awards for contact centers! Click on the banner for details!
The Satmetrix Net Promoter Benchmarks are based on survey responses from more than 11,000 UK consumers who rated their experience with the primary brands they use. The Net Promoter Score, or NPS(R), for each brand is based on customers' likelihood to recommend the company's product or service in the sector being rated. NPS is calculated as the percentage of customers who are promoters, rating the company 9 or 10 on a 0-10 point scale, minus the percentage who are detractors, rating 6 or lower. Consumers also rated each brand on various aspects of customer experience, including product or service features, customer service and overall value, enabling Satmetrix to identify the key drivers of loyalty and recommendation.
Today's Tip of the Day - Best Agent Award
More Editorial From Satmetrix systems
Published: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Convergys delivers consistent, quality customer experiences in 58 languages and from more than 150 locations around the globe. We partner with our clients to improve customer loyalty, reduce costs, an...
Noble Systems Corporation is a global provider of contact center, workforce engagement, and analytics technologies, offering premise, cloud, and hybrid platforms. Noble Systems has been providing inno...
Avaya is a recognized innovator, leading business communications for the digital age. Avaya delivers smart global solutions and technologies for customer and team engagement, unified communications an...