Industry Research : Text Messaging Preferred Method of Communication with Service Providers
NuTEQ Solutions commissioned and released the findings of a recent Infosurv Research survey showing that text messaging has become a preferred method for customers of all ages and backgrounds to communicate with service providers.
Nearly 60 percent of U.S. consumers who text find the idea of receiving and sending text messages to their broadband and utility service providers very or somewhat appealing. Customers expressed significant interest over the ease-of-use and rapid access to account information, while indicating they would call their provider less often – relieving call centers of heavy call volumes around billing and outage periods.
"Consumers love their mobile phones and the appeal of texting a service provider spanned all age, geographic, and demographic boundaries. Broadband and telecom carriers are consistently listed in the bottom tier for customer satisfaction. Text messaging provides a real opportunity to quickly deliver important customer information when it is needed, with the added benefit of reducing costs for the service provider," said Mike Roddy, Chief Operating Officer of NuTEQ Solutions. "As one respondent told us, ‘Getting a response is faster now. I don't have to log into their site, Private Message them from Facebook, or wait for online chat. This saves me a lot of time. I can do this while on the go too.’"
"These survey results illustrate how consumers prefer immediate access to information, especially when they control permission and the number of messages they will receive. Service providers should take advantage of this key communications trend," said Carl Fusco, Managing Director of Infosurv, Inc.
Additional key findings from the online survey of 1200 U.S. adults showed:
- Overall, 65 percent of respondents said they would opt in to the service. While urban respondents were most likely to opt-in (69 percent), even 63 percent of rural respondents said they would opt-in.While younger respondents were most likely to opt in to the service, even older respondents were interested, with 56 percent of respondents aged 55 to 64 being likely to opt-in and 58 percent of respondents aged 65 and over being likely to opt-in.
- Those customers who have recently contacted their provider are most likely to opt in to the text messaging service. In fact, 65 percent of consumers say this service would reduce the number of calls they make to their provider’s call center.
- Text messaging preference is not limited to the youth - over half of customers over 45 are likely to opt-in.
- Consumers’ favorite message types to receive from providers are those that notify them about outages, service appointments, and payment confirmations. 40 percent of consumers would like to receive promotional text messages, albeit sparingly.
Today's Tip of the Day - Partnership Tips
More Editorial From NuTEQ Solutions
Published: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
2020 Buyers Guide Analytics
CardBoard: Real-time data, shows the most important KPI’s in your Contact Center.
Built for data | Designed for business | Empowers teams
CallFinder speech analytics
CallFinder® is a leading provider of cloud-based SaaS speech analytics, automated call scoring, and speech-to-text transcription technology with sentiment analysis. Our easy-to-use solution is designed to help businesses and contact centers automate quality monitoring to improve agent performance and provide a superior customer experience.
With CallFinder, you get…
100% visibility into agent-customer interactions
100% monitoring of interactions, up from only 5-10%
Scalability of QA reviews with the same size QA team
CallFinder isn’t just your average speech analytics provider. When you work with us, you get unparalleled, continuous support through our MyAnalyst managed client servic...
CCube for Business Intelligence
CCube by Comsys is a business intelligence application, developed for enterprise contact centers. It delivers powerful, and dynamic reporting that enable managers to gain insight into their business. CCube is natively compatible with Aspect Unified IP and Cisco Unified Contact Center (UCCE/UCCX) platforms
Comsys is a provider of οmnichannel customer engagement solutions that assist companies around the world in delivering unique customer experiences. For the last 15 years, Comsys designs and implements complex projects for clients from the outsourcing, financial services, telecommunications, and retail sectors. Comsys enjoys strategic partnerships with technology vendors like Cisco®, Aspect...
eGain Analytics makes it easy to measure, analyze and refine your contact center operations, knowledge and web customer experience. Create informative reports, charts and dashboards effortlessly. Slice-&-dice the data in any number of ways and use it to manage the business effectively.
1. Operational Analytics™ empowers the business to measure and manage the call center directly and without IT involvement.
2. Knowledge Analytics™ provides insight for eGain’s knowledge and AI applications.
3. Digital Analytics™ measures contact center performance within eGain’s digital channel applications.
4. Journey Analytics™ captures customer behavior on the website—identify the churn points and cre...
|7.)||Lieber & Associates|
Contact center Analytics and Metrics
Lieber & Associates provides services to develop, interpret, and improve contact center metrics and analytics. The firm's experience spans forecasting, customer service, order-taking, lead-qualification, sales, segmentation, media-source-tracking, and testing design. L&A's president pioneered segmentation for telephone scripts and the tri-level service level metric. He brings broad analytics experience to contact centers.
Upcoming EventsSubmit Event