Industry Research : TRUSTID Issues 2019 ‘State of Call Center Authentication’ Report
TRUSTID, Inc., a Neustar company, released its second annual report on the state of call center authentication, based on a recent survey of contact center professionals. TRUSTID, a provider of caller authentication and fraud prevention solutions for contact centers, commissioned the survey to gain a clearer understanding of how call centers are seeking to fight fraud while preserving the customer experience.
The report suggests that as criminals’ tools and tactics change, call centers are increasingly looking to new technologies that will enable them to quickly and accurately authenticate calls and prevent fraud while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
The report elaborates on the following key insights:
- Call centers are now the vector of choice for criminal attacks, according to 51 percent of respondents from the financial services industry. Because many call centers still rely on knowledge-based authentication (KBA), fraudsters find it easier to social engineer call center agents to take over accounts — using client information stolen via data breaches to correctly answer identity-interrogation questions — than to hack hardened targets online.
- Virtualized calls pose the greatest account takeover threat. Criminals attempting account takeovers are increasingly shifting from call spoofing (32 percent) to virtualization (e.g. computer- or web-based calling services, such as Skype) (40 percent), as virtual calls often sail through spoof-detection systems.
- Customer experience and fraud prevention are expected to improve in tandem. Though dissatisfaction with current methods to authenticate callers rose significantly from 2018 (46 percent "somewhat" or "very" unsatisfied in 2019, compared to 31 percent the previous year), 76 percent of respondents believe it is possible to prevent account takeovers without impairing the customer experience.
- Pre-answer caller authentication emerges as the preferred choice. Respondents recognize that rapid authentication is essential in delivering a positive customer experience, and 54 percent of this year’s respondents want authentication completed before the call is answered, up from 38 percent last year.
- Easy customer enrollment remains call centers’ top requirement for the second year in a row. This year, respondents again ranked "quick and easy customer enrollment" (91 percent) as the most important criterion for new authentication technologies. "Improved fraud detection" (91 percent) and "authentication accuracy" (90 percent) were also clear front-runners.
- The share of respondents planning for true multi-factor authentication has doubled. As stolen personal information continues to enable account takeovers through the phone channel, the share of organizations planning to replace KBA with new technologies to achieve multi-factor authentication – using two or three factors of authentication in concert to confirm a caller’s claimed identity – has increased, from 8 percent in 2018 to 17 percent this year.
The report is based on the responses of 134 contact center managers, customer experience leaders, information technology professionals and fraud managers surveyed in January and February of 2019. The top three industries represented among respondents are financial services (31 percent), technology (17 percent) and health care (11 percent).
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - What Do You Need?
More Editorial From TRUSTID, Inc.
About TRUSTID, Inc.:
Founded in 2007 in Portland, Oregon, TRUSTID allows customer contact centers to automatically authenticate callers before their calls are answered. Using a patented approach that analyzes calls within the global telephone network, TRUSTID’s pre-answer caller authentication enables companies to significantly reduce customer identity interrogation and thus decrease contact center costs, improve the customer experience and focus more fraud-detection resources on true threats.
Published: Monday, March 18, 2019
2020 Buyers Guide Cloud Contact Center Solutions
Astute Agent gives your agents everything they need to work cases confidently and efficiently. This modern case management CRM is the preferred choice for Consumer Relations and Customer Care teams who support some of the world’s most prestigious brands.
Astute Agent balances agent efficiency with customer experience. Here’s how:
- Automated email responses
Using natural language processing, Astute Agent reads incoming customer emails and automatically supplies a response to agents to review and send.
- Auto-populated case fields
AI capabilities automatically suggest reason codes, product codes, and other case information, saving agents minutes per case.
- Time-saving case feat...
|10.)||Lieber & Associates|
Technology Acquisition Consulting
L&A provides vendor-independent counsel to select, contract for, design, test, and implement cloud and premise-based systems. The firm has experience with all major vendors and many smaller ones. Lieber & Associates' technology consultants are contact center systems specialists with several decades of experience each.
MyCallCloud has 79,600+ Hours In Contact Center Software Up-time and is made of caring professionals with 60+ years of experience. If you need robust, stable, and user-friendly hosted (or premise) Cloud Contact Center Solutions, give us a call.
We provide ongoing consulting to assist clients to more effectively manage Inbound, Outbound and Blended calling with their on-site -or- remote staff. Integration solutions are many and are provided at low, or at no cost when on-boarding. Multi-channel, cutting-edge contact center solutions such as SMS, IVR message blasting (with Text-to-Speech), FB messaging, and other services such as No-Dial (voicemail delivery to cell phones without rin...
PH: (888) 663-0760
Puzzel Contact Centre
Puzzel builds on over 20 years` of heritage. It was one of the first pioneers to develop a cloud-based contact centre. Today, Puzzel combines omni-channel technology with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide complete customer interaction solutions in a digital age.
Puzzel`s omni-channel cloud contact solution has the flexibility and scalability to support smaller enterprises and global corporations. Voice calls, email, SMS, web-chat and social media channels are all managed in a single, easy-to-use application which integrates seamlessly with other enterprise solutions. As a result contact centre agents and other parts of the business can access corporate systems such as customer relat...
PH: +44 333 300 0066
Tegsoft Cloud Contact Center
Tegsoft is an omnichannel cloud communication platform that helps companies interact best with their customers, specifically focused on Customer Experience and Net Promoter Score.
It helps companies to manage voice, text (SMS, email, webchat, and chatbot) and social media channels for customer communication within a single Agent web interface.
Thanks to its integrated CRM structure and omnichannel capabilities, our solutıon identifies the customer and consequently provides contextual information to customize the customer experience. Tegsoft also helps improve Customer Satisfaction by providing embedded NPS survey tools.
Tegsoft has a variety of ready-to-use integrations with other...
Upcoming EventsSubmit Event