UJET, Inc., an advanced contact center platform, released new research revealing that 80% of consumers report increased frustration levels from using customer service chatbots.
The research, based on data collected from nearly 1,700 consumers over the past 12 months, reveals ineffective automation technology such as chatbots is causing brands to lose credibility with their consumers.
Key findings include:
- 80% of consumers who have interacted with a chatbot said it increased their frustration level
- 78% of consumers were forced to connect with a human after failing to resolve their needs through an automated service channel
- 63% indicated that their interaction with a chatbot did not result in a resolution
- 72% felt that using a chatbot for customer service was a waste of time
- More than half of consumers (54%) believe that a phone call with a live agent provides the fastest resolution and best overall customer experience
- Brands could significantly improve customer experience by ensuring problems are resolved on the first contact (73%)
"Brands cannot provide great customer service through simply adopting automation. Leaders must be intentional on how they design and implement automation to add value to the consumer, service workers and the business’s bottom line," said Senior Director of Corporate Communications, Justin Robbins, who led the research for UJET. "Our findings highlight the challenges brands face with implementing automation to decrease wait times, improve first contact resolution, and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. The key to success is achieving the right marriage between virtual and human agents in managing those consumer interactions."
UJET’s previous research showed 87% of consumers will spend less or stop spending money altogether with brands who skimp on customer service. In addition, research by PWC indicates that 32% of customers will switch companies after a single negative experience and 43% would pay more for greater convenience. As companies prepare for a recession and reduce headcount in the customer service department, UJET’s research comes as a strong warning that leveraging automation alone could have stark impacts.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
UJET is a cloud contact center platform for smartphone era CX. By modernizing digital and in-app experiences, UJET unifies the enterprise brand experience across sales, marketing, and support, eliminating the frustration of channel switching between voice, digital, and self-service for consumers.
Published: Monday, December 12, 2022
HireTrax, MainTrax's standalone pre-hire virtual interviewing solution, automatically analyzes the behavioral characteristics found in each candidate's VOICE to help you select reps better suited for the specific job at hand. After all, agents speak with your customers for hours each day so it's vital they possess the behavioral characteristics and personality traits necessary to be successful. By picking those with tendencies of empathy and positive behavioral traits, you'll have a higher caliber of candidates who will perform better on the job and stay.
VADS Recruitment Services
VADS Indonesia provides a recruitment process with strict selection with various requirements according to client needs. VADS Indonesia also has a database of trained candidates so that it can meet the agent needs quickly and in large numbers.
Contact Centre Behavioural Assessments
SalesMatch is an intelligent web based sales and contact centre behavioural assessment platform. It is based on the well known, tried and tested DISC psychometric theory, used by thousands of organisations round the world.
- Reduces Agent Attrition - By selecting the right agent for the role
- Increases Performance - By matching the character profile to the task
- Reduces Time Off - A well matched profile to the role reduced work
- Reduces Recruitment Costs - By early identification of the right candidates
Putting the right person in the job role has become the key focus in the drive...
|TactiCall Recruitment Services
TactiCall Recruitment Services
Temporary / Labour Hire / Contingent and Contract Hire
Recruitment Consulting Services
Assessment Centre Design and Facilitation