Industry Research : US Contact Center Industry Creates New Jobs in 2014
Between October 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014, jobs4america recorded 14,544 net new US contact center jobs created. With quarter four’s strong numbers, jobs4america is at 49,569 net new US contact center jobs for 2014.
"For three quarters in a row the American contact center industry continues to grow," stated Matt Zemon, Chairman of jobs4america and CEO of American Support. "In the last half of 2014 the US contact center industry created 3,839 more jobs than the total new contact center jobs created anywhere else in the world. This quarter we are particularly thankful that companies like Unisys, Comcast, AAA and Congnizant have chosen to expand their US presence," Zemon continued. "We also commend all the organizations that are choosing to outsource to BPOs that are growing their US presence including IBEX Global, Convergys, APAC, Teletech, Alliance Data Systems and Alorica."
Jobs4america uses data compiled by Dallas-based Site Selection Group to record US job creation. For quarter four, the results are:
October 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014 Top 10 US Site Expansion/Openings:
Company (# of Jobs- City, State)
1. IBEX Global (1000- San Antonio, TX)
2. Convergys (900- St. Louis, MO)
3. Unisys (700- Augusta, GA)
4. APAC (682- Tuscon, AZ)
5. Comcast (600- Hudon, NH)
6. Teletech (600- McAllen, TX)
7. AAA (580- Salt Lake City, UT)
8. Alliance Data Systems (530- Lenexa, KS)
9. Alorica (500- Tulsa, OK)
10. Cognizant (500- Charlotte, NC)
2018 Top Ranking Performers Present:
CONTACT CENTER & CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
BERLIN - ORLANDO - MACAOFIND OUT MORE!
October 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014 Top 10 US Site Closure/Downsizing:
Company (# of Jobs- City, State, Type)
1. Wingspan (300- Monroe, LA, Downsized)
2. Assurion (232- Rapid City, SD, Closed)
3. Sykes (200- Fayetteville, NC, Downsized)
4. Corinthian Colleges (200- Colorado Springs, CO, Closed)
5. Netflix (188- Hillsboro, OK, Closed)
6. Telerx (156- Allentown, PA, Closed)
7. Financial Management Solutions (130, Rockford, IL, Closed)
8. Verizon (117, Erie, PA, Closed)
9. Sears (112, Columbus, OH, Closed)
10. Living Social (100, Tucson, AZ, Downsized)
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Getting The Training Underway
More Editorial From jobs4america
Published: Monday, February 2, 2015
|Blue Ocean Contact Centers|
We thrive on delivering critical customer service solutions that go beyond transactional interactions. As such, our goal is to enhance lifetime customer value, providing support that is a reflection o...
|Horizon Contact Centers|
Horizon is an on demand international Contact Center and (BPO) Company.
TTEC (NASDAQ: TTEC) is a global customer experience company that designs, builds and operates captivating omnichannel customer experiences on behalf of the world's most innovative brands. Founded in 1...